Rule 4717-15-04 | Crematory operation certification program requirements.
(A) As used in this division:
"Crematory Operation Certification Program" means a program approved by the board that includes all of the minimum requirements set by the board and a two hour course on laws and rules relevant to this state and specific to crematory operation. The two hour course may be joined with a program that includes the minimum requirements set by the board.
(B) A crematory operation certification program approved by the board must address with the appropriate depth and competencies required for a crematory operator to safely and effectively work in a cremation facility and shall include at a minimum each of the following required topics:
(1) Cremation equipment and maintenance;
(2) Overview of the cremation process;
(3) Combustion and incineration;
(4) Shipping, receiving, tracking, and handling of remains;
(5) Cremation safety and compliance;
(6) Identification procedures and due diligence;
(7) Record keeping;
(8) Risks of liability;
(9) Environmental laws and regulations;
(10) Occupational safety and health administration laws and regulations (OSHA).
Last updated October 2, 2023 at 12:16 PM