Rule 4723-25-05 | Distribution of grants to prelicensure and postlicensure nurse education programs.
(A) Except as provided in paragraphs (B), (C), and (D) of this rule, nurse education grant program funds available for distribution in a two year grant cycle shall be distributed as follows:
(1) Approximately fifteen per cent of the available funds shall be awarded in grants to prelicensure education programs for licensed practical nurses approved by the board under section 4723.06 of the Revised Code, if the program allows students, following licensure as a licensed practical nurse, to transition into a registered nursing program approved by the board during the student's second year (a one plus one program);
(2) Approximately thirty five per cent of the available funds shall be awarded in grants to prelicensure education programs for registered nurses approved by the board under section 4723.06 of the Revised Code; and
(3) Approximately fifty per cent of the available funds shall be awarded in grants to postlicensure nurse education programs approved or accredited as described in paragraph (H) of rule 4723-25-02 of the Administrative Code, for the purpose of preparing nursing faculty or instructional personnel.
(B) The board has discretion to reallocate funds among one or more of the three grant categories set forth in paragraphs (A)(1) to (A)(3) of this rule to one or more other grant categories if no grant proposals are submitted in a category, if none of the proposals received in a category meet the funding criteria established in section 4723.063 of the Revised Code, or if funds remain in a category after all eligible grant applications have been considered by the board.
(C) A nurse education program may submit one grant proposal in each of the grant proposal categories set forth in paragraphs (A)(1) to (A)(3) of this rule for the same grant cycle.
(D) Grant awards shall not exceed two hundred thousand dollars per grant, per grant cycle.
(E) While no grant is guaranteed for renewal in subsequent grant periods, the board may elect to renew a grant approved for initial funding if both of the following conditions are met:
(1) A new grant proposal is submitted within the time frame for the next grant cycle; and
(2) The new proposal meets the standards contained in the request for proposals for the next grant cycle.
(F) Total awards to a nurse education program from each of the three grant categories set forth in paragraphs (A)(1) to (A)(3) of this rule shall not exceed one million dollars between January 2, 2014 and December 31, 2023.