Rule 4723-5-19 | Responsibilities of faculty teaching a nursing course.
Faculty teaching a nursing course shall:
(A) Provide a syllabus or outline to each nursing student that includes at least:
(1) The title of the course;
(2) The total number of theory clock hours for the course, if applicable;
(3) The total number of clinical and laboratory clock hours combined for the course, if applicable, and of this combined number:
(a) The total number of planned clinical clock hours for the course;
(b) The total number of planned laboratory clock hours for the course;
(4) The course description;
(5) The course objectives or outcomes;
(6) The teaching strategies;
(7) The methods of evaluation;
(8) The name of the faculty who will be teaching the course;
(9) The name of teaching assistants that will teach the course, or provide instruction in laboratory or clinical settings, as directed by faculty;
(10) For any individual providing course content under the direction of the faculty, the job title, credentials or other information describing the background of the individual that demonstrates qualifications directly related to the course content; and
(11) The required textbooks and other bibliography of learning resources.
(B) Design and implement teaching strategies that will assist a nursing student to meet the course objectives or outcomes;
(C) Direct and supervise the activities of a teaching assistant, if utilized;
(D) Evaluate each nursing student's achievement and progress with input from the teaching assistant or preceptor, if utilized;
(E) At the conclusion of each course, the faculty responsible for teaching the course shall:
(1) Compare the number of planned clinical hours as established in the syllabus with the number of clinical hours actually provided to students and report the course data to the administrator; and
(2) Compare the number of planned laboratory hours as established in the syllabus with the number of laboratory hours actually provided to students and report the data to the administrator;
(F) The data reported under paragraph (E) of this rule shall be prepared in a chart form that contains the name of the course, the dates through which the course was taught, the faculty's name and the number of clinical and laboratory hours planned, and the actual number of clinical and laboratory hours provided to students. The data in chart form shall be maintained by the administrator and shall be submitted with the annual report to the board required by rule 4723-5-05 of the Administrative Code.
Last updated February 1, 2022 at 8:52 AM