Rule 4729:3-5-03 | Veteran and military family provisions related to continuing education.
(A) Extension of continuing education requirements.
(1) In accordance with section 5903.12 of the Revised Code, the state board of pharmacy shall grant extension periods and waivers for the completion of continuing education requirements for active duty veteran members and the spouses of active duty veterans. If a registered pharmacy technician or their spouse is called to active duty for military service, the time period allowed for completion of any continuing education requirements will be extended by the amount of time that the technician or the technicians spouse was on active duty.
(2) Upon receiving the application and proper documentation, the board's director of licensing shall extend the continuing education reporting period by an amount of time equal to the total number of months that the registrant or their spouse spent on active duty during the current reporting period. For purposes of this division, any portion of a month served on active duty shall be considered one full month.
(3) The registrant shall submit proper documentation certifying the active duty service and the length of that active duty service. Documentation required to obtain an extension or waiver pursuant to paragraph (A)(1) of this rule will be published on the state board of pharmacy's website: www.pharmacy.ohio.gov.
(B) Determining fulfillment of continuing education.
(1) If a registered pharmacy technician is a veteran, the state board of pharmacy shall consider relevant military education, training or service that has been completed by the registration holder no more than two years prior to the thirty first of march of the year in which a technician's registration must be renewed when determining the fulfillment of any continuing education requirements.
(2) For the board to consider relevant education, training, or service completed by a registered technician, the registrant shall submit a request for consideration and evidence or documentation of the education, training, or service to the director of licensing at least thirty days prior to the required continuing education reporting period pursuant to rule 4729:3-5-02 of the Administrative Code.