Rule 4729:6-3-07 | Sales of dangerous drugs on-line.
(A) All persons selling or offering to sell dangerous drugs at retail or wholesale into, out of, or within Ohio must be appropriately licensed by the state board of pharmacy.
(B) All drug distributors licensed with the state board of pharmacy and who sell or offer to sell dangerous drugs on the internet to persons located in Ohio or any other state must make such sales only in compliance with all state and federal laws, rules and regulations governing the legal distribution of dangerous drugs.
(C) Websites owned and/or maintained by Ohio licensed dangerous drug distributors who sell or offer to sell dangerous drugs on the internet must provide the following information to the public:
(1) Name under which the dangerous drug distributor is licensed to do business as in Ohio.
(2) Full address of licensed location.
(3) Telephone number where the drug distributor may be contacted during regular business hours.
(4) A list of the states in which the dangerous drug distributor may legally sell dangerous drugs.
(5) The name, address and how the state licensing agency and the drug enforcement administration may be contacted in each state in which the person is authorized to do business. This may include a link to the agency's and the drug enforcement administrations website.
(D) Any Ohio licensed drug distributor requesting personal information from the public by way of the internet (questionnaire forms or e-mail) must provide for security and confidentiality of the information. This portion of the website must also provide information regarding how the personal information will be used, pursuant to all federal and state laws, rules, and regulations, and ensure that such information is not used for purposes not disclosed without the written informed consent of the patient or person submitting personal information.