Rule 4765-3-05 | Medical director requirements for each emergency medical services organization.
(A) The medical director for each EMS organization shall meet the following minimum qualifications:
(1) Possession of a valid Ohio physician medical license in good standing;
(2) For three of the previous five years, has had active involvement in the provision of emergency care to patients or has provided medical oversight for an EMS agency;
(3) Provide evidence of one of the following:
(a) Completion of an EMS medical director course approved by the board (EMS medical director course provided by the "National Association of EMS Physicians" or the Ohio chapter of the "American College of Emergency Physicians");
(b) Completion of a residency or fellowship program that is recognized by the "American Board of Medical Specialties," the "American Osteopathic Association," or the "Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education" in emergency medicine or a related area;
(c) Subspecialty board certification by the "American Board of Emergency Medicine" in emergency medical services.
(4) Active participation with one or more EMS organizations, including but not limited to:
(a) Conducting performance improvement programs;
(b) Conducting education programs;
(c) Conducting protocol updates.
(5) Evidence of high ethical standards and no conflicts of interest;
(6) Utilizes aggregate data from the division in peer review and quality improvement programs at the local level.
(B) Each medical director is required to participate in trauma-related peer review and quality improvement programs as provided in section 4765.12 of the Revised Code.
Last updated August 1, 2023 at 8:26 AM