Rule 4781-11-05 | License renewal.
(A) All manufactured housing dealers' licenses and all manufactured housing brokers' licenses, issued or renewed shall expire biennially on the thirty-first day of March, unless previously suspended or revoked. Before the first day of April in the year that the license expires, each licensed manufactured housing dealer and manufactured housing broker shall file an application for the renewal of such license prior to the date of expiration of the license. The fee required for renewal of a license shall be the same fee as that charged for the issuance of an original license at the time of application and shall accompany the application.
(B) All manufactured housing salespersons licenses issued or renewed shall expire biennially on the thirtieth day of June, unless previously suspended or revoked. Before the first day of July in the year that the license expires, each licensed manufactured housing salesperson shall file an application for the renewal of such license. The fee required for renewal of a license shall be the same fee as that charged for the issuance of an original license at the time of application and shall accompany the application.
(C) The commission shall provide the licensee the renewal form. The notice and an accompanying renewal application shall be provided to the licensee by regular mail, facsimile, or email to the licensees address in the commissions records at least thirty days prior to the expiration of the license.
(D) The commission may renew the license if the licensee meets the following requirements:
(1) Submits the renewal form and the renewal fee, or late fee as set forth in rule 4781-11-01 of the Administrative Code, if any, prior to the license date of expiration or, for applications completed on-line, by midnight on or before the date of expiration or earlier with the renewal fee;
(2) Signs a statement regarding felony or other criminal convictions; and
(3) Demonstrates compliance with the requirements of Chapter 4781. of the Revised Code and commission rules.
(E) Any renewal application that is postmarked or completed on-line after the renewal deadline shall include the renewal fee and late fee, as set forth in rule 4781-11-01 of the Administrative Code.
(F) Each salesperson who complies with the renewal requirements shall receive a new identification card.
(G) Failure to timely renew
(1) A licensee who fails to renew in accordance with the commission rules after the renewal deadline, shall be automatically placed on lapsed status. If licensee fails to activate their license under lapsed status within twenty-four months, the licensee shall be required to reapply in accordance with rule 4781-8-01 of the Administrative Code, including all applicable fees.
(2) "Good cause" waivers or extensions
(a) The commission may extend the renewal period and may waive the late renewal fee in cases of certified illness, disability, military service, foreign residence, or for good cause that prevents timely renewal. Waivers or extensions of time shall be determined by the commission or its designee on a case-by-case basis.
(b) If the commission grants an extension of time for renewal, the license shall not be reissued until the licensee has completed the renewal process as required by the commission.
(c) For the purpose of this rule, "good cause" means any non-reoccurring facts or circumstances outside the control of the licensee that hindered or prevented the licensee from renewing in a timely manner.