Rule 4781-8-01 | Installer licenses; application; identification cards and certificates.
(A) The division shall govern the issuance, revocation, and suspension of licenses to manufactured home installers. No person shall install a manufactured home in Ohio without having a valid license from the division except as provided for under rule 4781-8-05 of the Administrative Code.
(B) An application shall be on a form the division prescribes and shall provide the following information:
(1) A check or money order made payable to "Treasurer, State of Ohio," or payment by credit card in the amount set forth in paragraph (G) of this rule, along with any additional convenience fee set forth in paragraph (G) of this rule;
(2) Applicant's name and mailing address;
(3) Applicant's date of birth;
(4) A passport-size photograph with an original signature on the back, or a clear copy of a state driver's license or state identity card;
(5) A list of other states in which the applicant holds an installer's license and a copy of those licenses;
(6) A list of the five most recent manufactured homes or home components that the applicant has installed in Ohio, including the name, mailing address, and telephone number of the homeowner;
(7) Three references from persons who are licensed installers; retailers; manufacturers; or manufactured home park operators, design professionals, or certified manufactured home inspectors familiar with the applicant's installation work experience and competency;
(8) A notarized statement from a supervisor, or another responsible person, attesting to the applicant's experience installing manufactured homes for at least one year, including the name, mailing address, and telephone number of the applicant's supervisor, or another responsible person on the most recent project;
(9) A certificate of completion demonstrating that the applicant has completed an installation training course approved by the division within one year of the date of the application;
(a) The applicant shall take and pass the installation examination, as set forth in rule 4781-8-07 of the Administrative Code.
(b) The applicant shall provide evidence of passing the installation examination as set forth in rule 4781-8-07 of the Administrative Code.
(11) Evidence of compliance with section 4123.35 of the Revised Code with respect to the payment of premiums for workers' compensation. Evidence may include a legible copy of the workers' compensation certificate with number visible;
(12) A statement regarding felony convictions;
(13) Evidence that the applicant or his or her employer has insurance or a surety bond covering the applicant and issued by a company authorized to do such business in Ohio. The policy shall have terms and conditions approved by the division and shall contain the following provisions:
(a) Coverage in the form of a division -approved surety bond in the amount of twenty-five thousand dollars; or
(b) An installer may have an approved three hundred thousand dollar general liability policy if the applicant also has an approved ten thousand dollar surety policy; or
(c) General liability coverage in the amount of at least one million dollars.
(C) Incomplete applications shall be held open for six months following notification of incomplete requirements by regular mail, facsimile, or email. After five months, a final notice of incomplete application shall be mailed by certified mail, return receipt requested. If at the end of the six-month period the application remains incomplete, it shall be considered abandoned, and the applicant shall be required to submit a new application, including any fees.
(D) Upon approval of an applicant, the division shall prepare and provide each license holder a license identification card. No person shall make any alterations on a license identification card.
(1) The license shall contain the licensee's name, address, license number, date of expiration, and bear the signature of the superintendent or the superintendent's designee and be affixed with the state seal of the department of commerce. Official identification cards shall be proof of valid license and shall be made available upon request by any person at each installation.
(2) An identification card or license shall be reprinted by the division due to a licensee's name change, as long as the original is returned to the division along with a nonrefundable fee as set forth in paragraph (G) of this rule, if any.
(3) A fee for any application for license renewal in an amount as set forth in paragraph (G) of this rule.
(E) No installer's license shall be transferred to another person.
(F) A manufactured home installer's license by operation of law expires two years after the date of issuance as it falls into the division's prescribed renewal dates.
(1) The initial installer's license fee shall be two hundred fifty dollars.
(2) There shall be no fee to replace a license.
(3) The installer's renewal fee shall be two hundred fifty dollars.
(4) The installer's late renewal fee to be paid in addition to the renewal fee shall be one hundred dollars.
(5) Any payment of fees may be subject to a convenience fee as charged to the division.