Section 4781.08 | Manufactured housing installer license.
(A) The division of industrial compliance shall issue a manufactured housing installer license to any applicant who is at least eighteen years of age and meets all of the following requirements:
(1) Submits an application to the division on a form the division prescribes and pays the fee the division requires;
(2) Completes all training requirements the division prescribes;
(3) Meets the experience requirements the division prescribes by rule;
(4) Has at least one year of experience installing manufactured housing under the supervision of a licensed manufactured home installer if applying for licensure after January 1, 2006;
(5) Has completed an installation training course the division approves, which may be offered by the Ohio manufactured homes association or other entity;
(6) Receives a passing score on the licensure examination the division administers;
(7) Provides information the division requires to demonstrate compliance with this chapter and the rules the division adopts;
(8) Provides the division with three references from persons who are retailers, manufacturers, or manufactured home park operators familiar with the person's installation work experience and competency, with at least two of the three references provided after January 1, 2006, being from persons who are licensed manufactured housing installers;
(9) Has liability insurance or a surety bond that is issued by an insurance or surety company authorized to transact business in Ohio, in the amount the division specifies, and containing the terms and conditions the division requires;
(10) Is in compliance with section 4123.35 of the Revised Code.
(B) The division of industrial compliance shall not grant a license to any person who the division finds has engaged in actions during the previous two years that constitute a ground for denial, suspension, or revocation of a license or who has had a license revoked or disciplinary action imposed by the licensing or certification board of another state or jurisdiction during the previous two years in connection with the installation of manufactured housing.
(C) Any person who is licensed, certified, or otherwise approved under the laws of another state to perform functions substantially similar to those of a manufactured housing installer may apply to the division for licensure on a form the division prescribes. The division shall issue a license if the standards for licensure, certification, or approval in the state in which the applicant is licensed, certified, or approved are substantially similar to or exceed the requirements set forth in this chapter and the rules adopted pursuant to it. The division may require the applicant to pass the division's licensure examination.
(D) Any license issued pursuant to this section shall bear the licensee's name and post-office address, the issue date, a serial number the division designates, and the signature of the person the division designates pursuant to rules.
(E) A manufactured housing installer license expires two years after it is issued. The division of industrial compliance shall renew a license if the applicant does all of the following:
(1) Meets the requirements of division (A) of this section;
(2) Demonstrates compliance with the requirements of this chapter and the rules adopted pursuant to it;
(3) Meets the division's continuing education requirements.
(F) No manufactured housing installer license may be transferred to another person.
Last updated March 3, 2023 at 12:15 PM