Rule 4781-6-03.10 | Stable foundations - division-approved alternative park installations.
(A) Stable foundations for used manufactured homes - general.
(1) Division -approved designs and details shall be acceptable alternatives for installations of used manufactured homes only for licensed manufactured housing parks or as otherwise specified in Chapter 4781-6 of the Administrative Code. Where an item is not mentioned specifically in one of these alternative designs, that installation item or element shall meet the state of Ohio manufactured home installation standards under Chapter 4781-6 of the Administrative Code. A foundation design method must be employed in its entirety. If an item or element is specified in the selected alternative design, that item or element or an equal or more stringent item or element shall be part of the installation. At the time of permit approval and prior to the installation, the alternative design must be selected and the authority having jurisdiction informed as to which installation foundation alternative design or method the installer seeks approval to use.
(2) These alternatives are not appropriate for use in areas located within a one-hundred-year flood plain.
(B) Alternate method 1 - existing manufactured home parks.
(C) Alternate method 2 - division park installation alternative foundation designs.
The division may approve and distribute alternative park installation foundation designs, including designs using runners, ribbons, or slabs that do not meet the requirements for a permanent foundation, when all of the following are met:
(1) The complete installation foundation design has been reviewed and recommended for approval by the division;
(2) The installation foundation design shall not take the manufactured home out of compliance with the MHCSS;
(3) The installation foundation design shall provide protection to residents of manufactured housing that equals or exceeds the protection provided by the installation standards for used manufactured homes set forth in Chapter 4781-6 of the Administrative Code, except for frost depth requirements for ribbons, runners, and slabs;
(4) The installation foundation design shall have broad applicability for use in a variety of locations throughout Ohio and provide for the MHCSS, Ohio design loads, various Ohio soil conditions, and other design conditions throughout Ohio. The installation foundation design shall clearly specify any conditions, limitations, or requirements, including site conditions specific to the designs;
(5) The installation foundation design shall include the dimensions of footings, runners, ribbons, or slab; anchorage details including spacing and general specifications for anchors; and pier and blocking spacing requirements;
(6) The installation foundation design shall be prepared by an Ohio registered architect or professional engineer who has agreed to release his or her copyright control over the installation foundation design for distribution by the division as a public record; and
(7) The division may request additional drawings, details, and/or structural calculations to be prepared and sealed by a licensed architect or professional engineer who has agreed to release his or her copyright control over the installation foundation design for distribution by the division as a public record as supporting documents for the installation foundation design prior to approval by the division.