Rule 4781-6-03.11 | Division-approved alternative installation designs for used manufactured homes.
(1) Division-approved installation designs and details shall be acceptable alternatives for installations of used manufactured homes on private property or in manufactured home parks. Where an item is not mentioned specifically in a division -approved alternative design, that installation item or element shall meet the state of Ohio used manufactured home installation standards under Chapter 4781-6 of the Administrative Code. A foundation design method must be employed in its entirety. If an item or element is specified in the selected alternative design, that item or element or an equal or more stringent item or element shall be part of the installation. At the time of permit approval and prior to the installation, the alternative design must be selected and the authority having jurisdiction informed as to which installation foundation alternative design or method the installer seeks approval to use.
(2) In addition to the used manufactured home installation requirements of Chapter 4781. of the Revised Code, installations in a manufactured home park may have additional requirements pursuant to rule 4781-12-08 of the Administrative Code.
(3) Unless specifically indicated as appropriate for use within a one-hundred-year flood plain, these alternatives shall not be used in areas located within a one-hundred-year flood plain.
(B) Alternate method - division alternative foundation designs.
The division may approve and distribute alternative installation foundation designs when all of the following are met:
(1) The complete installation foundation design has been reviewed and recommended for approval by the division;
(2) The installation foundation design shall not take the manufactured home out of compliance with the federal manufactured home construction and safety standards (MHCSS);
(3) The installation foundation design shall provide protection to residents of manufactured housing that equals or exceeds the protection provided by the used manufactured homes installation standards set forth in Chapter 4781-6 of the Administrative Code;
(4) The installation foundation design shall have broad applicability for use in a variety of locations throughout Ohio and provide for the MHCSS, Ohio design loads, various Ohio soil conditions, and other design conditions throughout Ohio. The installation foundation design shall clearly specify any conditions, limitations, or requirements, including site conditions specific to the designs;
(5) The installation foundation design shall include the dimensions of footings, runners, ribbons, or slab; anchorage details including spacing and general specifications for anchors; and pier and blocking spacing requirements;
(6) The installation foundation design shall be prepared by an Ohio licensed professional architect or engineer who has agreed to release his or her copyright control over the installation foundation design for distribution by the division as a public record; and
(7) The division may request additional drawings, details, and/or structural calculations to be prepared and sealed by a licensed architect or professional engineer who has agreed to release his or her copyright control over the installation foundation design for distribution by the division as a public record as supporting documents for the installation foundation design prior to approval by the division.