Rule 4901:1-15-23 | Customer bill format.
(A) Each customer bill shall be accurate and rendered at regular intervals and contain the following information:
(1) Customer name, billing address, service address, and account number.
(2) Company name, telephone number(s), and mailing address.
(3) Address or P.O. box where payment may be made.
(4) Billing date.
(5) Payment due date.
(6) Amount due if paid on or before due date.
(7) Amount due if paid after due date.
(8) Miscellaneous charges and credits, if any.
(9) If metered service is provided, previous and current meter readings and billed volume.
(10) Dates of service covered by bill.
(11) The applicable rate schedule or a statement to the effect that the applicable rate schedule will be furnished on request.
(12) A distinct marking to identify an estimated bill.
(13) The current local or toll free telephone number of the commission's call center or the following statement for all waterworks companies and sewage disposal system companies that serve fifteen thousand or more customers, (companies that serve less than fifteen thousand customers, shall work with staff):
"If your complaint is not resolved after you have called (name of provider), or for general utility information, residential and business customers may contact the public utilities commission of Ohio (PUCO) for assistance at 1-800-686-7826 (toll free) from eight a.m. to five p.m. weekdays, or at http://www.puco.ohio.gov. Hearing or speech impaired customers may contact the PUCO via 7-1-1 (Ohio relay service).
The Ohio consumers' counsel (OCC) represents residential utility customers in matters before the PUCO. The OCC can be contacted at 1-877-742-5622 (toll free) from eight a.m. to five p.m. weekdays, or at http://www.occ.ohio.gov."
(B) A waterworks company and/or sewage disposal system company that initiates or changes its customer bill format under this chapter shall file the proposed sample bill format with the commission for approval. If the commission does not act upon a waterworks company's and/or sewage disposal system company's sample bill format within forty-five days, it shall become effective on the forty-sixth day after the initial filing is made with the commission. Approved bill formats shall be filed with the commission in the company's "TRF" docket.