Rule 901:1-5-09 | Brucellosis tests.
(A) The Department of Agriculture may validate or revalidate a herd of swine as Brucellosis-free on the basis of a negative herd test on all breeding animals six (6) months of age and over in the herd. Validation shall be effective for 365 days and applies to all offspring of such herds.
(B) The department shall suspend the validation of a herd if each addition to the herd is not:
(1) A natural herd addition; or
(2) From a herd with equal validated status; or
(3) An animal for which evidence is available that it passed negative Brucellosis tests:
(a) Within thirty days prior to addition to the herd; and
(b) Not less than sixty days after addition to the herd; and
(c) Such tests were conducted at a laboratory approved by or operated by the department.
(C) If one or more reactors are found in a validated herd the department:
(1) Shall revoke the validation;
(2) May revalidate the herd only after two consecutive negative tests of all breeding animals in the herd six months of age and over, conducted no less than ninety (90) nor more than one hundred twenty (120) days apart.
Five Year Review Date: