Rule 901:14-2-16 | Processor waste disposal.
(A) For the purpose of this rule, "hemp byproducts and waste" means a byproduct, produced as a result of processing hemp, that contains more than 0.3 per cent THC by dry weight basis.
(B) A licensed processor shall dispose of hemp byproducts or waste in such a manner as to render the hemp byproduct or waste unusable.
(C) Hemp byproducts or waste that is rendered unusable shall be discarded into a locked dumpster or other approved, locked container for removal from the facility by a waste removal company selected by the processor. Hemp byproducts or waste shall be rendered unusable by the processor by grinding and incorporating the hemp byproducts or waste with one or more of the non-consumable, solid wastes listed below, such that the resulting mixture is at least fifty-one per cent non-hemp byproduct or waste:
(1) Paper waste;
(2) Cardboard waste;
(3) Food waste;
(4) Yard waste;
(5) Soil or other growth media;
(6) Other wastes approved by the department.
(D) The processor shall maintain and make available in accordance with this chapter a separate record of every disposal indicating:
(1) The date and time of disposal;
(2) The manner of disposal;
(3) The volume and weight of approved solid waste used to render the hemp byproducts or waste unusable;
(4) The reasoning for and description of the disposal;
(5) The batch number or numbers, volume, and weight of any hemp extract or plant material being disposed of; and
(6) The lot number, product name, volume, weight, and unit count of any hemp product being disposed of.