Rule 901:3-20-01 | Criteria and definitions for cottage food operations.
(A) Pursuant to division (B) of section 3715.025 of the Revised Code, cottage food production operations shall comply with the provisions of Chapter 901:3-20 of the Administrative Code.
As used in Chapter 901:3-20 of the Administrative Code:
(1) "Adulterated" has the meaning stated in section 3715.59 of the Revised Code.
(2) "CFR" means Code of Federal Regulations.
(3) "Cottage food production operation" has the same meaning stated in section 3715.01 of the Revised Code.
(4) "Director" means the director of the Ohio department of agriculture.
(5) "Misbranded" has the meaning stated in section 3715.60 of the Revised Code.
(6) "Reduced oxygen packaging" means the reduction of the amount of oxygen in a package by removing oxygen; displacing oxygen and replacing it with another gas or combination of gases; or otherwise controlling the oxygen content to a level below that normally found in the surrounding atmosphere, which is approximately twenty-four per cent at sea level. It includes:
(a) Vacuum packaging, in which air is removed from a package of food and the package is hermetically sealed so that a vacuum remains inside the package; and
(b) Modified atmosphere packaging, in which the atmosphere of a package is modified so that its composition is different from air but the atmosphere may change over time due to the permeability of the packaging material or the respiration of the food. Modified atmosphere packaging includes: reduction in the proportion of oxygen, total replacement of oxygen, or an increase in the proportion of other gases such as carbon dioxide or nitrogen.
(7) All other technical definitions are the same as those found in section 3715.01 of the Revised Code.