Section 101.65 | Report of findings and recommendations.
(A) After the completion of the review of a board under section 101.63 of the Revised Code, the standing committee that conducted the review shall prepare and publish a report of its findings and recommendations. A standing committee may include in a single report its findings and recommendations regarding more than one board. The committee shall furnish a copy of the report to the president of the senate, the speaker of the house of representatives, the governor, and each affected board. Any published report shall be made available to the public on the standing committee's internet web site, and in the offices of the house of representatives and senate clerks during reasonable hours. As part of a report, the standing committee may present its recommendations to the general assembly in bill form.
(B) Recommendations made by the standing committee shall indicate how or whether their implementation will do each of the following:
(1) Improve efficiency in the management of state government;
(2) Improve services rendered to citizens of the state;
(3) Simplify and improve preparation of the state budget;
(4) Conserve the natural resources of the state;
(5) Promote the orderly growth of the state and its government;
(6) Promote that occupational regulations shall be construed and applied to increase economic opportunities, promote competition, and encourage innovation;
(7) Provide for the least restrictive regulation by repealing the current regulation and replacing it with a less restrictive regulation that is consistent with the policies expressed in section 4798.02 of the Revised Code;
(8) Improve the effectiveness of the services performed by the service departments of the state;
(9) Avoid duplication of effort by state agencies or boards;
(10) Improve the organization and coordination of the state government in one or more of the ways listed in divisions (B)(1) to (9) of this section.
Available Versions of this Section
- April 5, 2019 – Enacted by Senate Bill 255 - 132nd General Assembly [ View April 5, 2019 Version ]