Section 101.76 | Efforts excepted from coverage.
(1) Appearances before public hearings of the controlling board or committees of the general assembly;
(2) News, editorial, and advertising statements published in bona fide newspapers, journals, or magazines, or broadcast over radio or television;
(3) The gathering and furnishing of information and news by bona fide reporters, correspondents, or news bureaus to news media described in division (A)(2) of this section;
(4) Publications primarily designed for and distributed to members of bona fide associations or charitable or fraternal nonprofit corporations.
(B) Sections 101.70 to 101.79 of the Revised Code do not affect professional services in drafting bills or resolutions, preparing arguments thereon, or in advising clients and rendering opinions as to the construction and the effect of proposed or pending legislation, if the services are not otherwise connected with actions to actively advocate.
(C) Nothing in sections 101.70 to 101.79 of the Revised Code shall require the reporting of, or prohibit a member of the general assembly or the governor from soliciting or accepting, a contribution from or expenditure by any person if the contribution or expenditure is reported in accordance with Chapter 3517. of the Revised Code.
Available Versions of this Section
- April 10, 1991 – House Bill 174, 118th General Assembly [ View April 10, 1991 Version ]