Section 101.87 | Report of committee's findings and recommendations; cooperation by other agencies.
(A) After the completion of the evaluation of all agencies under section 101.86 of the Revised Code, the sunset review committee shall prepare and publish a report of its findings and recommendations. The committee shall furnish a copy of the report to the president of the senate, the speaker of the house of representatives, the governor, and each affected agency. The report shall be made available to the public in the offices of the house of representatives and senate clerks during reasonable hours. As part of the report, the committee shall recommend to the general assembly, in bill form, one or more of the following:
(1) Amendment or repeal of the statutes that created and empowered an agency, to abolish or terminate the agency;
(2) Amendment or repeal of the statutes that created and empowered an agency, or enactment of new statutes, to terminate the agency, to transfer the agency, or to improve the agency's usefulness, performance, or effectiveness;
(3) Amendment or repeal of the statutes that created and empowered two or more agencies, or enactment of new statutes, to reorganize or transfer them and thereby improve agency usefulness, performance, or effectiveness;
(4) Amendment or continuation of the statutes that created and empowered an agency, or enactment of new statutes, to renew the agency.
(B) Recommendations made by the committee shall indicate how or whether their implementation will do each of the following:
(1) Promote economy in the operation of state government;
(2) Improve efficiency in the management of state government;
(3) Improve services rendered to citizens of the state;
(4) Simplify and improve preparation of the state budget;
(5) Conserve the natural resources of the state;
(6) Promote the orderly growth of the state and its government;
(7) Improve the effectiveness of the services performed by the service departments of the state, including the office of budget and management and the department of administrative services;
(8) Avoid duplication of effort by state agencies;
(9) Improve the organization and coordination of the state government in one or more of the ways listed in divisions (B)(1) to (8) of this section.
(C) The office of budget and management, department of administrative services, auditor of state, legislative service commission, and any other state agency shall supply, upon the committee's request, the committee with material, information, and reports needed for the preparation of the report and its recommendations.
Available Versions of this Section
- March 22, 2001 – House Bill 548 - 123rd General Assembly [ View March 22, 2001 Version ]
- December 19, 2016 – Amended by House Bill 471 - 131st General Assembly [ View December 19, 2016 Version ]
- April 12, 2021 – Amended by Senate Bill 331 - 133rd General Assembly [ View April 12, 2021 Version ]