Section 101.96 | Retirement system lobbyists and employers - scope of regulations.
(A) Sections 101.92 and 101.93 of the Revised Code do not apply to efforts to influence retirement system decisions or conduct retirement system lobbying activity by any of the following:
(1) Appearances at public hearings of a retirement system or at other public meetings;
(2) News, editorial, and advertising statements published in bona fide newspapers, journals, or magazines, or broadcast over radio or television;
(3) The gathering and furnishing of information and news by bona fide reporters, correspondents, or news bureaus to news media described in division (A)(2) of this section;
(4) Publications primarily designed for and distributed to members of bona fide associations or charitable or fraternal nonprofit corporations.
(B) Nothing in sections 101.90 to 101.98 of the Revised Code requires the reporting of, or prohibits a retirement system board member from soliciting or accepting, a contribution from or an expenditure by any person if the contribution or expenditure is reported in accordance with Chapter 3517. of the Revised Code.
Available Versions of this Section
- September 15, 2004 – Senate Bill 133 - 125th General Assembly [ View September 15, 2004 Version ]