Section 111.45 | Cancellation of certification.
(A) The secretary of state shall cancel the certification of a program participant if any of the following are true:
(1) The program participant's application contained one or more false statements.
(2) The program participant has filed a written, notarized request with the secretary of state, on a form prescribed by the secretary of state, asking to cease being a program participant.
(3) The program participant's certification has expired and the program participant has not renewed the certification in accordance with division (F) of section 111.42 of the Revised Code not later than the deadline specified by the secretary of state by rule to renew the certification.
(B) Upon canceling a certification under division (A) of this section, the secretary of state shall, within ten business days, do both of the following:
(1) Notify the director of the board of elections of the county in which the former program participant resides;
(2) Notify the county recorder, auditor, treasurer, and engineer and the clerk of the court of common pleas of each county in which the former program participant has filed real property confidentiality notices under section 111.431 of the Revised Code that have not been revoked under that section.
Last updated February 2, 2022 at 3:56 PM
Available Versions of this Section
- September 8, 2016 – Enacted by House Bill 359 - 131st General Assembly [ View September 8, 2016 Version ]
- September 29, 2017 – Amended by House Bill 49 - 132nd General Assembly [ View September 29, 2017 Version ]
- April 29, 2022 – Amended by House Bill 93 - 134th General Assembly [ View April 29, 2022 Version ]