Section 122.6511 | Brownfield remediation program.
(B)(1) There is hereby created the brownfield remediation program to award grants for the remediation of brownfield sites throughout Ohio. The program shall be administered by the director of development pursuant to this section and rules adopted pursuant to division (B)(2) of this section.
(2) The director shall adopt rules, under Chapter 119. of the Revised Code, for the administration of the program. The rules shall include provisions for determining project and project sponsor eligibility, program administration, and any other provisions the director finds necessary.
(3) The director shall ensure that the program is operational and accepting proposals for grants not later than ninety days after the effective date of this section.
(C)(1) There is hereby created in the state treasury the brownfield remediation fund. The fund shall consist of moneys appropriated to it by the general assembly, and investment earnings on moneys in the fund shall be credited to the fund.
(2) The director shall reserve funds from each appropriation to the fund to each county in the state. The amount reserved shall be one million dollars per county, or, if an appropriation is less than eighty-eight million dollars, a proportionate amount to each county. Amounts reserved pursuant to this section are reserved for one calendar year from the date of the appropriation. After one calendar year, the funds shall be available pursuant to division (C)(3) of this section.
(3) Funds from an appropriation not reserved under division (C)(2) of this section shall be available for grants to projects located anywhere in the state, and grants from those funds shall be awarded to qualifying projects on a first-come, first-served basis. Grants awarded pursuant to this division shall be limited to seventy-five per cent of a project's total cost.
Last updated July 20, 2021 at 4:57 PM
Available Versions of this Section
- September 30, 2021 – Enacted by House Bill 110 - 134th General Assembly [ View September 30, 2021 Version ]