Section 1307.303 | Diversion; reconsignment; change of instructions - UCC 7-303.
Diversion; reconsignment; change of instructions [UCC 7-303]
(A) Unless the bill of lading otherwise provides, a carrier may deliver the goods to a person or destination other than that stated in the bill or may otherwise dispose of the goods, without liability for misdelivery, on instructions from:
(1) the holder of a negotiable bill;
(2) the consignor on a nonnegotiable bill, even if the consignee has given contrary instructions;
(3) the consignee on a nonnegotiable bill in the absence of contrary instructions from the consignor, if the goods have arrived at the billed destination or if the consignee is in possession of the tangible bill or in control of the electronic bill; or
(4) the consignee on a nonnegotiable bill if the consignee is entitled as against the consignor to dispose of the goods.
(B) Unless instructions described in division (A) of this section are included in a negotiable bill of lading, a person to which the bill is duly negotiated may hold the bailee according to the original terms.
Available Versions of this Section
- June 29, 2011 – House Bill 9, 129th General Assembly [ View June 29, 2011 Version ]