Section 1309.605 | Unknown debtor or secondary obligor - UCC 9-605.
A secured party does not owe a duty based on its status as secured party:
(A) To a person who is a debtor or obligor, unless the secured party knows:
(1) That the person is a debtor or obligor;
(2) The identity of the person; and
(3) How to communicate with the person; or
(B) To a secured party or lienholder who has filed a financing statement against a person, unless the secured party knows:
(1) That the person is a debtor; and
(2) The identity of the person.
Available Versions of this Section
- July 1, 2001 – Senate Bill 74, 124th General Assembly [ View July 1, 2001 Version ]