Section 1309.609 | Secured party's right to take possession after default - UCC 9-609.
(A) After default, a secured party:
(1) May take possession of the collateral; and
(2) Without removal, may render equipment unusable and dispose of collateral on a debtor's premises under section 1309.610 of the Revised Code.
(B) A secured party may act under division (A) of this section:
(1) Pursuant to judicial process; or
(2) Without judicial process if it acts without breach of the peace.
(C) If so agreed, and in any event after default, a secured party may require the debtor to assemble the collateral and make it available to the secured party at a place that is designated by the secured party and that is reasonably convenient to both parties.
Available Versions of this Section
- July 1, 2001 – Senate Bill 74, 124th General Assembly [ View July 1, 2001 Version ]