Section 1311.252 | Notice of commencement - affidavit.
(A) Prior to the performance of any labor or work or the furnishing of any materials in furtherance of a public improvement, the public authority shall prepare a notice of commencement in substantially the form specified in division (B) of this section which shall be made readily available to the public upon request.
(B) The notice of commencement required under division (A) of this section shall contain in affidavit form all of the following information:
(1) The name, location, and a number, if any, used by the public authority to identify the public improvement sufficient to permit the public improvement to be identified;
(2) The name and address of the public authority;
(3) The name, address, and trade of all principal contractors;
(4) The date the public authority first executed a contract with a principal contractor for the public improvement;
(5) The name and address of the sureties for all principal contractors;
(6) The name and address of the representative of the public authority upon whom service shall be made for the purposes of serving an affidavit pursuant to section 1311.26 of the Revised Code.
(C) If the notice of commencement is not made available to the public prior to the commencement of work on the public improvement or if the notice of commencement furnished by the public authority contains incorrect information which the claimant relies upon to his detriment, the unavailability of the notice or the incorrect notice shall not adversely affect the rights of any claimant under sections 1311.25 to 1311.32 of the Revised Code.
Available Versions of this Section
- April 16, 1993 – Senate Bill 338, 119th General Assembly [ View April 16, 1993 Version ]