Section 1327.501 | Weighing and measuring device operation permits.
(A) No person shall operate in this state a commercially used weighing and measuring device that provides the quantity or cost of a final transaction and for which a fee is established in division (G) of this section unless the operator of the device obtains a permit issued by the director of agriculture or the director's designee.
(B) An application for a permit shall be submitted to the director on a form that the director prescribes and provides. The applicant shall include with the application any information that is specified on the application form as well as the application fee established in this section.
(C) Upon receipt of a completed application and the required fee from an applicant, the director or the director's designee shall issue or deny the permit to operate the commercially used weighing and measuring device that was the subject of the application.
(D) A permit issued under this section expires on the thirtieth day of June of the year following its issuance and may be renewed annually on or before the first day of July of that year upon payment of a permit renewal fee established in this section.
(E) If a permit renewal fee is more than sixty days past due, the director may assess a late penalty in an amount established under this section.
(F) The director shall do both of the following:
(1) Establish procedures and requirements governing the issuance or denial of permits under this section;
(2) Establish late penalties to be assessed for the late payment of a permit renewal fee and fees for the replacement of lost or destroyed permits.
(G) An applicant for a permit to operate under this section shall pay an application fee in the following applicable amount:
(1) Seventy-five dollars for a livestock scale;
(2) Seventy-five dollars for a vehicle scale;
(3) Seventy-five dollars for a railway scale;
(4) Seventy-five dollars for a vehicle tank meter;
(5) Seventy-five dollars for a bulk rack meter;
(6) Seventy-five dollars for an LPG meter.
A person who is issued a permit under this section and who seeks to renew that permit shall pay an annual permit renewal fee. The amount of a permit renewal fee shall be equal to the application fee for that permit established in this division.
(H) All money collected through the payment of fees and the imposition of penalties under this section shall be credited to the metrology and scale certification and device permitting fund created in section 1327.511 of the Revised Code.