Section 1327.61 | Prohibited acts.
No person shall do any of the following:
(A) Use or have in possession for use in commerce any incorrect weight or measure;
(B) Wrap, package, label, or advertise any product or service contrary to this chapter, or any rules adopted under it, or sell, offer, hold, or expose for sale any service or product wrapped, packaged, labeled, or offered for sale contrary to this chapter or any rules adopted under it, or misrepresent the quantity or price or service contrary to this chapter, or any rules adopted under it;
(C) Remove any tag, seal, or mark from any weight or measure without specific written authorization from the proper authority;
(D) Recklessly install for use, repair, service, or place into service a commercially used weighing and measuring device unless the installation, repair, service, or placement is performed by one of the following:
(1) A department of agriculture division of weights and measures inspector;
(2) A service person registered with the department;
(3) A county or municipal weights and measures inspector.
(E) Hinder or obstruct any weights and measures official in the performance of official duties;
(F) Sell or offer for use in commerce any incorrect weight or measure.
Available Versions of this Section
- June 20, 1994 – Senate Bill 134 - 120th General Assembly [ View June 20, 1994 Version ]
- March 23, 2016 – Amended by House Bill 131 - 131st General Assembly [ View March 23, 2016 Version ]