Section 1333.07 | Invitations to bid.
(A) If bids are solicited from exhibitors for the purpose of entering into a license agreement, the invitation to bid shall specify:
(1) The number and length of runs to which the invitation to bid applies;
(2) Whether the invitation to bid applies to a first or subsequent run;
(3) The geographic area for each run;
(4) The names of all exhibitors who are being given an invitation to bid;
(5) The date, hour, and location at which the bid is required to be made;
(6) The name and address of the location where the bids will be opened, which location shall be within this state.
(B) If the motion picture that is the subject of a bid has not already been trade screened within this state, the distributor soliciting the bid shall include in the invitation to bid the date, time, and location of the trade screening of the motion picture that is the subject of the invitation to bid.
(C) Every distributor shall furnish to all exhibitors in this state reasonable and uniform notice of all trade screenings that are held within this state of motion pictures that he is distributing.
(D) All bids shall be submitted to the distributor in written form. The distributor or his agent shall open all bids at the same time and in the presence of at least one of the exhibitors, or the agent of an exhibitor, who has submitted a bid.
(E) Any exhibitor, or the agent of an exhibitor, who submits a bid for a particular run of a motion picture may, at reasonable times within sixty days after the bid is opened, examine any bid that is made for the same run of the motion picture by another exhibitor. The exhibitor may inspect the bids even if the distributor rejects all bids that are submitted. Within seven business days after a bid for a particular run of a motion picture is accepted, the distributor shall notify in writing each exhibitor who submitted a bid for that run of the motion picture of the terms of the accepted bid and the identity of the successful bidder. Any bid submitted is nonreturnable.
(F) If a distributor issues invitations to bid for a motion picture, he shall not enter into a license agreement for the exhibition of the motion picture except by means of the bidding process specified in this section. If the distributor rejects all bids submitted pursuant to an invitation to bid, he shall notify all exhibitors who submitted bids that he rejected all bids and shall issue a new invitation to bid.
Available Versions of this Section
- October 23, 1978 – House Bill 806, 112th General Assembly [ View October 23, 1978 Version ]