Section 1333.33 | Moldbuilder's lien.
(A)(1) A moldbuilder has a lien on all molds produced by it and on all proceeds from the assignment, sale, transfer, exchange, or other disposition of the molds produced by it until the moldbuilder is paid in full all amounts due the moldbuilder for the production of the mold or these proceeds. The lien described in this division attaches when the mold is delivered from the moldbuilder to the customer.
(2) The amount of the lien described in division (A)(1) of this section is the amount that a customer or molder owes the moldbuilder for the fabrication, repair, or modification of the mold.
(3) The moldbuilder retains the lien described in division (A)(1) of this section even if the moldbuilder is not in possession of the mold for which the lien is claimed.
(B) A moldbuilder perfects a lien described in division (A) of this section by filing a financing statement in accordance with the requirements of section 1309.502 of the Revised Code, which filing constitutes constructive notice of the lien described in division (A) of this section.
(C) The perfected lien described in division (B) of this section remains valid until all of the following occur:
(1) The moldbuilder receives the full amount due it for the mold.
(2) The customer receives a verified statement from the molder that the molder has paid the amount for which the lien is claimed.
(3) The financing statement is terminated.
(D) The priority of a perfected lien described in division (B) of this section on the same mold shall be determined based on the time that the lien attaches. The first lien that attaches pursuant to division (A)(1) of this section has priority over liens that attach subsequent to the first lien.
(E)(1) Any provision of a contract that waives a moldbuilder's right or an obligation of a person established by sections 1333.32 to 1333.34 of the Revised Code is void and unenforceable as against public policy. Division (E)(1) of this section does not affect the validity of other provisions of the contract or of a related document, policy, or agreement that can be given effect without the voided provision.
Available Versions of this Section
- June 9, 2004 – House Bill 427, 125th General Assembly [ View June 9, 2004 Version ]