Skip to main content
Back To Top Top Back To Top
The Legislative Service Commission staff updates the Revised Code on an ongoing basis, as it completes its act review of enacted legislation. Updates may be slower during some times of the year, depending on the volume of enacted legislation.

Section 1341.11 | Sureties of constable or marshal may apply to be discharged.


If a constable, or the marshal of a municipal corporation, on demand made for that purpose by a person entitled thereto, his agent, or attorney, neglects or refuses to pay all money by him received in his official capacity for the use of such person, a surety of such constable or marshal may give notice to the board of township trustees of the township, or the legislative authority of the municipal corporation in which such constable or marshal resides, of his refusal or neglect to pay over money by him collected by virtue of his office, and that he is unwilling to continue as his surety.

Available Versions of this Section