Section 1349.03 | Termination of cellular phone contract by person on active duty.
(A) As used in this section, "active duty" means active duty pursuant to an executive order of the president of the United States, an act of the congress of the United States, or section 5919.29 or 5923.21 of the Revised Code.
(B) Any person, or spouse of a person, who is deployed on active duty may terminate, without penalty, a cellular phone contract that meets both of the following requirements:
(1) It is entered into on or after the effective date of this section.
(2) It is executed by or on behalf of the person who is deployed on active duty.
(C) Termination of the cellular phone contract shall not be effective until:
(1) Thirty days after the person who is deployed on active duty or the person's spouse gives notice by certified mail, return receipt requested, of the intention to terminate the cellular phone contract; and
(2) Unless the person who is deployed on active duty owns the cellular phone, the cellular phone is returned to the custody or control of the cellular telephone company, or the person who is deployed on active duty or the person's spouse agrees in writing to return the cellular phone as soon as practicable after the deployment is completed.
Available Versions of this Section
- May 18, 2005 – House Bill 426 - 125th General Assembly [ View May 18, 2005 Version ]