Section 1349.43 | Internet database - violations and enforcement information.
(A) As used in this section, "loan officer," "mortgage broker," and "nonbank mortgage lender" have the same meanings as in section 1345.01 of the Revised Code.
(B) The department of commerce shall establish and maintain an electronic database accessible through the internet that contains information on all of the following:
(1) The enforcement actions taken by the superintendent of financial institutions for each violation of or failure to comply with any provision of Chapter 1322. of the Revised Code, upon final disposition of the action;
(2) The enforcement actions taken by the attorney general under Chapter 1345. of the Revised Code against loan officers, mortgage brokers, and nonbank mortgage lenders, upon final disposition of each action;
(3) All judgments by courts of this state, concerning which appellate remedies have been exhausted or lost by the expiration of the time for appeal, finding either of the following:
(a) A violation of any provision of Chapter 1322. of the Revised Code;
(b) That specific acts or practices by a loan officer, mortgage broker, or nonbank mortgage lender violate section 1345.02, 1345.03, or 1345.031 of the Revised Code.
(C) The attorney general shall notify the department of all enforcement actions and judgments described in divisions (B)(2) and (3)(b) of this section.
(D) The department may adopt rules in accordance with Chapter 119. of the Revised Code that are necessary to implement this section.
(E) The electronic database maintained by the department in accordance with this section shall not include information that, pursuant to section 1322.36 of the Revised Code, is confidential.
Available Versions of this Section
- December 28, 2009 – Senate Bill 124 - 128th General Assembly [ View December 28, 2009 Version ]
- April 6, 2017 – Amended by Senate Bill 227 - 131st General Assembly [ View April 6, 2017 Version ]
- March 23, 2018 – Amended by House Bill 199 - 132nd General Assembly [ View March 23, 2018 Version ]
- October 17, 2019 – Amended by House Bill 166 - 133rd General Assembly [ View October 17, 2019 Version ]