Section 1349.70 | High-volume seller duty to disclose certain information.
(A) An online marketplace shall do both of the following:
(1) Require any high-volume third party seller with an aggregate total of twenty thousand dollars or more in annual gross revenues on such online marketplace, and that uses such online marketplace's platform, to provide the information described in division (B) of this section to the online marketplace;
(2) Disclose the information described in division (B) of this section to consumers in a clear and conspicuous manner both in:
(a) The order confirmation message or other document or communication made to a consumer after a purchase is finalized;
(b) The consumer's account transaction history.
(B) The information required to be provided and disclosed by division (A) of this section is both of the following:
(1) Except as provided in section 1349.71 of the Revised Code, the identity of the high-volume third party seller, including all of the following:
(a) The full name of the seller, which may include the seller name or seller's company name, or the name by which the seller or company operates on the online marketplace;
(b) The physical address of the seller;
(c) Contact information for the seller, to allow for the direct, unhindered communication with high-volume third party sellers by users of the online marketplace, including any of the following:
(i) A current working telephone number;
(ii) A current working electronic mail address; or
(iii) Other means of direct electronic messaging, which may be provided to such seller by the online marketplace.
(2) Whether the high-volume third party seller used a different seller to supply the consumer product to the consumer upon purchase, and, upon the request of an authenticated purchaser, the information described in division (B)(1) of this section relating to any such seller that supplied the consumer product to the purchaser, if such seller is different than the high-volume third party seller listed on the product listing prior to purchase.
Last updated May 16, 2022 at 4:20 PM
Available Versions of this Section
- July 6, 2022 – Enacted by House Bill 272 - 134th General Assembly [ View July 6, 2022 Version ]