Section 141.011 | Annual salaries of elective officers beginning in 2020 through 2028.
(A) Each calendar year from 2020 through 2028, the annual salaries of the elective officers of the state as prescribed by divisions (A) to (F) of section 141.01 of the Revised Code shall be increased as follows:
(1) In calendar year 2020, by four per cent;
(2) In calendar year 2021, by three per cent;
(3) In calendar year 2022, by one and three-quarters per cent;
(4) In calendar year 2023, by one and three-quarters per cent;
(5) In calendar year 2024, by one and three-quarters per cent;
(6) In calendar year 2025, by one and three-quarters per cent;
(7) In calendar year 2026, by one and three-quarters per cent;
(8) In calendar year 2027, by one and three-quarters per cent;
(9) In calendar year 2028, by one and three-quarters per cent.
(B) If the governor appoints the lieutenant governor as an administrative department head or as the head of an office within the office of the governor, the lieutenant governor may accept the salary for that office while serving as its head in lieu of the salary for the office of lieutenant governor.
(C) Upon the death of an elected executive officer of the state listed in divisions (A) to (F) of section 141.01 of the Revised Code during that person's term of office, an amount shall be paid in accordance with section 2113.04 of the Revised Code, or to that person's estate. The amount shall equal the amount of the salary that the officer would have received during the remainder of the officer's unexpired term or an amount equal to the salary of that person's office for two years, whichever is less.
Available Versions of this Section
- June 30, 2005 – House Bill 66 - 126th General Assembly [ View June 30, 2005 Version ]
- December 27, 2018 – Amended by Senate Bill 296 - 132nd General Assembly [ View December 27, 2018 Version ]