Section 145.361 | Annual amount of disability allowance.
(A) A member with disability coverage under this section who is determined by the public employees retirement board under section 145.35 of the Revised Code to qualify for a disability benefit shall receive a disability allowance under this section. The allowance shall be an annual amount equal to the greater of the following:
(1) Forty-five per cent of the member's final average salary;
(2) The member's total service credit multiplied by two and two-tenths per cent of the member's final average salary, not exceeding sixty per cent of the member's final average salary.
(B) Sufficient reserves for payment of the disability allowance shall be transferred to the annuity and pension reserve fund from the employers' contribution fund. The accumulated contributions of the member shall remain in the employees' savings fund. No part of the allowance paid under this section shall be charged against the member's accumulated contributions.
(C) A disability allowance paid under this section shall terminate at the earliest of the following:
(2) The date the allowance is terminated under section 145.362 of the Revised Code;
(3) The later of the last day of the month in which the recipient attains the applicable age, or the last day of the month in which the benefit period ends as follows:
|Attained Age at Effective Date of Disability Allowance||Benefit Period|
|60 or 61||60 months|
|62 or 63||48 months|
|64 or 65||36 months|
|66, 67, or 68||24 months|
|69 or older||12 months|
The applicable age is sixty-five if the member is described in division (A) of section 145.32 or division (A) of section 145.332 of the Revised Code. It is sixty-six if the member is described in division (B) of section 145.32 or division (B) of section 145.332 of the Revised Code. It is sixty-seven if the member is described in division (C) of section 145.32 or division (C) of section 145.332 of the Revised Code.
Available Versions of this Section
- January 7, 2013 – Senate Bill 343, 129th General Assembly [ View January 7, 2013 Version ]