Section 147.62 | Standards for online notarizations and online notaries public.
(A) The secretary of state shall adopt rules under Chapter 119. of the Revised Code necessary to implement, set, and maintain standards for online notarizations and online notaries public. Such rules shall address, at a minimum, all of the following:
(1) The standards, procedures, application forms, and fees for the authorization of a notary public to act as an online notary public;
(2) The means of performing online notarizations;
(3) Standards for the technology to be used in online notarizations;
(4) Standards for remote presentation, credential analysis, and identity proofing;
(5) Standards for the retention of records relating to online notarizations;
(6) The modification of forms of notarial certificates for any notarial act that is an online notarization;
(7) Standards and requirements for the termination of a notary public's authorization to perform online notarizations.
(B) The office of information technology in the department of administrative services shall provide assistance to the secretary of state relating to the equipment, security, and technological aspects of the standards established under this section.
Available Versions of this Section
- September 20, 2019 – Enacted by Senate Bill 263, 132nd General Assembly [ View September 20, 2019 Version ]