Section 151.04 | Higher education capital facilities bond service fund.
This section applies to obligations as defined in this section.
(A) As used in this section:
(1) "Costs of capital facilities" include related direct administrative expenses and allocable portions of direct costs of the using institution.
(2) "Obligations" means obligations as defined in section 151.01 of the Revised Code issued to pay costs of capital facilities for state-supported or state-assisted institutions of higher education.
(3) "State-supported or state-assisted institutions of higher education" means a state university or college, or community college district, technical college district, university branch district, or state community college, or other institution for education, including technical education, beyond the high school, receiving state support or assistance for its expenses of operation. "State university or college" means each of the state universities identified in section 3345.011 of the Revised Code and the northeast Ohio medical university.
(4) "Using institution" means the state-supported or state-assisted institution of higher education, or two or more institutions acting jointly, that are the ultimate users of capital facilities for state-supported and state-assisted institutions of higher education financed with net proceeds of obligations.
(B) The issuing authority shall issue obligations to pay costs of capital facilities for state-supported and state-assisted institutions of higher education pursuant to Section 2n of Article VIII, Ohio Constitution, section 151.01 of the Revised Code, and this section.
(C) Net proceeds of obligations shall be deposited into the higher education improvement fund created by division (F) of section 154.21 of the Revised Code or into the higher education improvement taxable fund created by division (G) of section 154.21 of the Revised Code, as appropriate.
(D) There is hereby created in the state treasury the "higher education capital facilities bond service fund." All moneys received by the state and required by the bond proceedings, consistent with sections 151.01 and 151.04 of the Revised Code, to be deposited, transferred, or credited to the bond service fund, and all other moneys transferred or allocated to or received for the purposes of that fund, shall be deposited and credited to the bond service fund, subject to any applicable provisions of the bond proceedings but without necessity for any act of appropriation. During the period beginning with the date of the first issuance of obligations and continuing during the time that any obligations are outstanding in accordance with their terms, so long as moneys in the bond service fund are insufficient to pay debt service when due on those obligations payable from that fund (except the principal amounts of bond anticipation notes payable from the proceeds of renewal notes or bonds anticipated) and due in the particular fiscal year, a sufficient amount of revenues of the state is committed and, without necessity for further act of appropriation, shall be paid to the bond service fund for the purpose of paying that debt service when due.
Available Versions of this Section
- July 3, 2012 – House Bill 482, 129th General Assembly [ View July 3, 2012 Version ]