Section 1521.04 | Use of water management fund.
(A) The chief of the division of water resources may make loans and grants from the water management fund created in section 1521.22 of the Revised Code to governmental agencies for water management, water supply improvements, and planning. The chief may administer grants from the federal government and from other public or private sources for carrying out those functions and for the performance of any acts that may be required by the United States or by any agency or department thereof as a condition for the participation by any governmental agency in any federal financial or technical assistance program. Direct and indirect costs of administration may be paid from the fund.
(B) The chief may use the water management fund for any of the following purposes:
(1) Administering the water diversion and consumptive use permit programs established under this chapter and the withdrawal and consumptive use permit program established under Chapter 1522. of the Revised Code;
(2) To perform watershed and water resources studies for the purposes of water management planning;
(3) To acquire, construct, reconstruct, improve, equip, maintain, operate, and dispose of water management improvements.
(C) The chief may fix, alter, charge, and collect rates, fees, rentals, and other charges to be paid into the fund by governmental agencies and persons who are supplied with water by facilities constructed or operated by the department of natural resources in order to amortize and defray the cost of the construction, maintenance, and operation of those facilities.
Available Versions of this Section
- September 4, 2012 – House Bill 473 - 129th General Assembly [ View September 4, 2012 Version ]
- January 1, 2016 – House Bill 64 - 131st General Assembly [ View January 1, 2016 Version ]
- October 17, 2019 – Amended by House Bill 166 - 133rd General Assembly [ View October 17, 2019 Version ]