Skip to main content
Back To Top Top Back To Top
The Legislative Service Commission staff updates the Revised Code on an ongoing basis, as it completes its act review of enacted legislation. Updates may be slower during some times of the year, depending on the volume of enacted legislation.

Section 1521.36 | Owners outside geographic area; complaint.


(A) An owner of real property that is located outside the geographic area established under section 1521.28 of the Revised Code with respect to a permit issued under section 1521.29 of the Revised Code may submit a written complaint to the permittee or to the chief of the division of water resources if both of the following apply:

(1) The owner obtains all or part of the owner's water supply for domestic, agricultural, industrial, or other legitimate use from ground water.

(2) There is a diminution or interruption of that water supply.

The owner shall include in the complaint the owner's name, address, and telephone number.

(B) If the chief receives the written complaint submitted under division (A) of this section, upon receipt the chief shall send the permittee a copy of the complaint. If the permittee receives the written complaint, upon receipt the permittee shall send the chief a copy of the complaint.

(C) The chief shall investigate the complaint. Upon completion of the investigation, the chief shall send the results of the investigation to the permittee and to the owner that submitted the complaint.

(D) The owner that submitted the complaint may resolve the diminution or interruption of the owner's water supply with the permittee or may commence a civil action for that purpose.

Available Versions of this Section