Section 153.83 | Hearings related to contractor labor agreements.
(A) As used in this section, "public improvement" means any of the following:
(1) A road, bridge, highway, street, or tunnel;
(2) A waste water treatment system or water supply system;
(3) A solid waste disposal facility or a storm water and sanitary collection, storage, and treatment facility;
(4) Any structure or work constructed by a state agency or by another person on behalf of a state agency pursuant to a contract with the state agency.
(B) Before a state agency may issue a bid specification for a proposed public improvement that requires a contractor or subcontractor to enter into a project labor agreement, the state agency shall hold a public hearing on the matter.
(C) The state agency shall publish notice of the hearing not less than thirty days before the date of the hearing.
(D) A state agency shall decide whether to include the requirement described in division (B) of this section for a proposed public improvement not earlier than thirty days after the hearing required under that division.
Available Versions of this Section
- September 29, 2015 – House Bill 64 - 131st General Assembly [ View September 29, 2015 Version ]