Section 1547.18 | Personal flotation device required.
(A) Except as provided in division (B) of this section, no person shall engage in any form of towed watersports without wearing an adequate and effective coast guard approved wearable personal flotation device specifically designed for towed watersports, in good and serviceable condition and of appropriate size, except upon special permit issued by one of the following persons or entities that manages the waterway:
(1) The political subdivision having primary jurisdiction;
(2) The administrator of a federal agency;
(3) The director of a state agency;
(4) The board of directors of a conservancy district;
(5) Any other governing body having jurisdiction.
(B) Division (A) of this section does not apply to a person engaging or attempting to engage in barefoot skiing if the person is wearing a wet suit specifically designed for barefoot skiing that is in good and serviceable condition and of appropriate size.
(C) No operator of a vessel shall allow any person who fails to comply with division (A) or (B) of this section to engage in any form of towed watersports.