Section 1547.532 | Vessels exempt from registration.
(A) All of the following are exempt from registration under this chapter:
(4) Belly boats or float tubes.
(B) As used in this section:
(1) "Belly boat" or "float tube" means an inflatable vessel with a built-in seat or harness that is propelled solely by human muscular effort without using an oar, paddle, or pole, and designed to accommodate a single individual as an operator in such a manner that the operator remains partially submerged in the water.
(2) "Kiteboard" means a recreational vessel that is inherently buoyant, has no cockpit, and is operated by an individual who utilizes control lines while tethered to a kite that provides a means of propulsion and lift.
(3) "Paddleboard" means a long, narrow, somewhat rounded, inherently buoyant recreational vessel that is constructed of a flat, or nearly flat, rigid material, is propelled by human muscular effort using a pole or single- or double-bladed paddle, and is operated by an individual who is kneeling, standing, or lying on the vessel.
(4) "Sailboard" means a long, narrow, somewhat rounded recreational vessel that is inherently buoyant, has no cockpit, is constructed of a flat, or nearly flat, rigid material, has a single sail mounted on a mast that is connected to the vessel by a free-rotating, flexible joint, and is operated by an individual who is standing on the vessel.