Section 1561.13 | Examinations.
The chief of the division of mineral resources management shall conduct examinations for offices and positions in the division of mineral resources management, and for mine forepersons, mine electricians, shot firers, surface mine blasters, and fire bosses, as follows:
(A) Division of mineral resources management:
(1) Deputy mine inspectors of underground mines;
(2) Deputy mine inspectors of surface mines;
(3) Electrical inspectors;
(4) Superintendent of rescue stations;
(5) Assistant superintendents of rescue stations;
(6) Mine chemists at a division laboratory if the chief chooses to operate a laboratory.
(B) Mine forepersons:
(1) Mine foreperson of gaseous mines;
(2) Mine foreperson of nongaseous mines;
(3) Mine foreperson of surface mines.
(1) Foreperson of gaseous mines;
(2) Foreperson of nongaseous mines;
(3) Foreperson of surface maintenance facilities at underground or surface mines;
(4) Foreperson of surface mines.
(D) Fire bosses.
(E) Mine electricians.
(F) Surface mine blasters.
(G) Shot firers.
The chief annually shall provide for the examination of candidates for appointment or promotion as deputy mine inspectors and such other positions and offices set forth in division (A) of this section as are necessary. Special examinations may be held whenever it becomes necessary to make appointments to any of those positions.
The chief shall provide for the examination of persons seeking certificates of competency as mine forepersons, forepersons, mine electricians, shot firers, surface mine blasters, and fire bosses quarterly or more often as required, at such times and places within the state as shall, in the judgment of the chief, afford the best facilities to the greatest number of applicants. Public notice shall be given through the press or otherwise, not less than ten days in advance, announcing the time and place at which examinations under this section are to be held.
The examinations provided for in this section shall be conducted under rules adopted under section 1561.05 of the Revised Code and conditions prescribed by the chief. Any rules that relate to particular candidates shall, upon application of any candidate, be furnished to the candidate by the chief; they shall also be of uniform application to all candidates in the several groups.
Available Versions of this Section
- September 29, 2011 – House Bill 153 - 129th General Assembly [ View September 29, 2011 Version ]