Section 164.051 | Administrator of small government capital improvements commission - powers and duties.
(A) The administrator of the Ohio small government capital improvements commission shall review projects submitted to him by subcommittees of district public works integrating committees in accordance with section 164.06 of the Revised Code. If he determines that a project satisfies the criteria of division (B) of that section, while taking into consideration the special needs of villages and townships, the administrator shall recommend to the Ohio small government capital improvements commission that the project be approved. If he determines that a project should not be approved or that a decision on the project should be delayed, such determinations and an explanation should also be sent to the Ohio small government capital improvements commission for final resolution.
(B) With respect to projects which the Ohio small government capital improvements commission approves, the administrator is authorized to:
(1) Enter into agreements to provide financial assistance in the form of loans, grants, or local debt support and credit enhancements to villages or townships with populations in the unincorporated areas of the township of less than five thousand;
(2) Authorize payments to such villages or townships or their contractors for the costs incurred for capital improvement projects which have been approved in accordance with this chapter. All requests for payments shall be submitted to the administrator on forms and in accordance with procedures specified in rules adopted pursuant to division (A)(4) of section 164.05 of the Revised Code.
(3) Notify the director of budget and management of all approved projects, and supply all information necessary to track the approved projects through the state accounting system.
(4) Do all other acts and enter into contracts and execute all instruments necessary or appropriate to carry out this section.
(C) Fees, charges, rates of interest, times of payment of interest and principal, and other terms, conditions, and provisions of and security for financial assistance provided pursuant to the provisions of this section shall be such as the administrator determines to be appropriate. If any payments required by a loan agreement entered into pursuant to this section are not paid, the funds which would otherwise be apportioned to the local subdivision from the county undivided local government fund, pursuant to sections 5747.51 to 5747.53 of the Revised Code, may, at the direction of the Ohio small government capital improvements commission, be reduced by the amount payable. The county treasurer shall, at the direction of the commission, pay the amount of such reductions to the state capital improvements revolving loan fund. Subject to the approval of the Ohio small government capital improvements commission, the administrator may renegotiate a loan repayment schedule with a local subdivision whose payments from the county undivided local government fund could be reduced pursuant to this division, but such a renegotiation may occur only one time with respect to any particular loan agreement.
Available Versions of this Section
- June 14, 1988 – House Bill 867, 117th General Assembly [ View June 14, 1988 Version ]