Section 164.06 | District public works integrating committee duties.
(A) Each district public works integrating committee shall evaluate materials submitted to it by the local subdivisions located in the district concerning capital improvements for which assistance is sought from the state capital improvements fund and shall, pursuant to division (B) of this section, select the requests for financial assistance that will be formally submitted by the district to the director of the Ohio public works commission. In order to provide for the efficient use of the district's state capital improvements fund allocation each year, a district committee shall assist its subdivisions in the preparation and coordination of project plans.
(B) In selecting the requests for assistance for capital improvement projects which will be submitted to the director, and in determining the nature, amount, and terms of the assistance that will be requested, a district public works integrating committee shall give priority to capital improvement projects for the repair or replacement of existing infrastructure and which would be unlikely to be undertaken without assistance under this chapter, and shall specifically consider all of the following factors:
(1) The infrastructure repair and replacement needs of the district;
(2) The age and condition of the system to be repaired or replaced;
(3) Whether the project would generate revenue in the form of user fees or assessments;
(4) The importance of the project to the health and safety of the citizens of the district;
(5) The cost of the project and whether it is consistent with division (G) of section 164.05 of the Revised Code and the district's allocation for grants, loans, and local debt support and credit enhancements for that year;
(6) The effort and ability of the benefited local subdivisions to assist in financing the project;
(7) The availability of federal or other funds for the project;
(8) The overall economic health of the particular local subdivision;
(9) The adequacy of the planning for the project and the readiness of the applicant to proceed should the project be approved;
(10) Any other factors relevant to a particular project.
(C) When applying the methodology under division (A)(10) of section 164.05 of the Revised Code, a district public works integrating committee may require a subdivision to submit information on its capital infrastructure as part of an application for assistance in financing a capital improvement project under this section.
(D) In addition to reviewing and selecting the projects for which approval will be sought from the director of the Ohio public works commission for financial assistance from the state capital improvements fund, each district public works integrating committee shall appoint a subcommittee of its members that will represent the interests of villages and townships and that will review and select the capital improvement projects which will be submitted by the subcommittee to the administrator of the Ohio small government capital improvements commission for consideration of assistance from the portion of the net proceeds of obligations issued and sold by the treasurer of state which is allocated pursuant to division (B)(1) of section 164.08 of the Revised Code. In reviewing and approving the projects selected by its subcommittee, the administrator, and the Ohio small government capital improvements commission shall be guided by the provisions of division (B) of this section, and shall also take into account the fact that villages and townships may have different public infrastructure needs than larger subdivisions.
(E) The district public works integrating committee for each district that includes at least one county with a population of less than eighty-five thousand according to the most recent decennial census shall appoint a subcommittee of its members for the purposes of the small counties capital improvement program created under division (F) of section 164.02 of the Revised Code. The subcommittee shall select and submit to the director the projects that will be considered for assistance from the money allocated to the program under division (B)(3) of section 164.08 of the Revised Code.