Section 166.27 | Minority outreach for RC 166.25 loans.
(A) As used in this section, "minority" has the same meaning as in section 184.17 of the Revised Code, except that the individual must be a resident of this state. The term also includes an economically disadvantaged individual who is a resident of this state.
(B) The director of development shall conduct outreach activities in Ohio that seek to include minorities in the loan program for logistics and distribution projects established under section 166.25 of the Revised Code. The outreach activities shall include the following, when appropriate:
(1) Identifying and partnering with historically black colleges and universities;
(2) Working with all institutions of higher education in the state to support minority faculty and students involved in logistics and distribution fields;
(3) Developing a plan to contact by telephone minority-owned businesses and entrepreneurs and other economically disadvantaged businesses to notify them of opportunities to participate in the loan program for logistics and distribution projects;
(4) Identifying minority professional and technical trade associations and economic development assistance organizations and notifying them of the loan program for logistics and distribution projects;
(5) Partnering with regional councils to foster local efforts to support minority-owned businesses or otherwise identify networks of minority-owned businesses, entrepreneurs, and individuals operating locally;
(6) Identifying minority firms and notifying them of the opportunities that exist within the investment community, including the Ohio venture capital authority created under section 150.02 of the Revised Code.
(C) The director shall publish an annual report that includes all of the following:
(1) Details of loans awarded for logistics and distribution projects;
(2) The status of loan recipients' projects funded in previous years;
(3) The amount of loans awarded for projects in economically distressed areas, and if possible to ascertain, the impact of the loans to those areas.
(D) To the extent possible, outreach activities described in this section shall be conducted in conjunction with the EDGE program created in section 122.922 of the Revised Code.
Last updated July 30, 2021 at 3:55 PM