Section 1706.16 | Articles of organization.
(A) In order to form a limited liability company, one or more persons shall execute articles of organization and deliver the articles to the secretary of state for filing. The articles of organization shall set forth all of the following:
(1) The name of the limited liability company;
(2) The name and street address of the limited liability company's statutory agent and a written acceptance of the appointment that is signed by the agent;
(3) If applicable, a statement as provided in division (B)(3) of section 1706.761 of the Revised Code;
(4) Any other matters the organizers or the members determine to include in the articles of organization.
(B) A limited liability company is formed when the articles of organization are filed by the secretary of state or at any later date or time specified in the articles of organization.
(C) The fact that articles of organization are on file in the office of the secretary of state is notice of the matters required to be included by divisions (A)(1) to (3) of this section, but is not notice of any other fact.
(D) An operating agreement may be entered into before, at the time of, or after the filing of the articles of organization. Regardless of when the operating agreement is entered into, it may be made effective as of the filing of the articles of organization or any other time provided in the operating agreement.
Available Versions of this Section
- April 12, 2021 – Enacted by Senate Bill 276, 133rd General Assembly [ View April 12, 2021 Version ]