Section 173.46 | Long-term care consumer guide.
(A) The department of aging shall develop and publish a guide to long-term care facilities for use by individuals considering long-term care facility admission and their families, friends, and advisors. The guide, which shall be titled the Ohio long-term care consumer guide, may be published in printed form or in electronic form for distribution over the internet. The guide may be developed as a continuation or modification of the guide published by the department prior to September 29, 2005, under rules adopted under section 173.02 of the Revised Code.
(B) The Ohio long-term care consumer guide shall include information on each long-term care facility in this state. For each facility, the guide shall include the following information, as applicable to the facility:
(1) Information regarding the facility's compliance with state statutes and rules and federal statutes and regulations;
(2) Information generated by the centers for medicare and medicaid services of the United States department of health and human services from the quality measures developed as part of its nursing home quality initiative;
(3) Results of the customer satisfaction surveys conducted under section 173.47 of the Revised Code;
(4) Any other information the department specifies in rules adopted under section 173.49 of the Revised Code.
(C) The Ohio long-term care consumer guide may include information on residential facilities and providers of community-based long-term care services. The department may adopt rules under section 173.49 of the Revised Code to specify the information to be included in the guide pursuant to this division.
Available Versions of this Section
- September 10, 2012 – House Bill 487 - 129th General Assembly [ View September 10, 2012 Version ]