Section 173.52 | Medicaid-funded component of PASSPORT program.
(A) The department of medicaid shall create the medicaid-funded component of the PASSPORT program. In creating the medicaid-funded component, the department of medicaid shall collaborate with the department of aging.
(B) Unless the medicaid-funded component of the PASSPORT program is terminated under division (C) of this section, all of the following apply:
(1) The department of aging shall administer the medicaid-funded component through a contract entered into with the department of medicaid under section 5162.35 of the Revised Code.
(2) The medicaid-funded component shall be operated as a separate medicaid waiver component.
(3) For an individual to be eligible for the medicaid-funded component, the individual must be a medicaid recipient and meet the additional eligibility requirements applicable to the individual established in rules adopted under division (B)(4) of this section.
(4) To the extent authorized by rules authorization by section 5162.021 of the Revised Code, the director of aging shall adopt rules in accordance with Chapter 119. of the Revised Code to implement the medicaid-funded component.
(C) If the unified long-term services and support medicaid waiver component is created, the departments of aging and medicaid shall work together to determine whether the medicaid-funded component of the PASSPORT program should continue to operate as a separate medicaid waiver component or be terminated. If the departments determine that the medicaid-funded component of the PASSPORT program should be terminated, the medicaid-funded component shall cease to exist on a date the departments shall specify.
Available Versions of this Section
- September 29, 2013 – House Bill 59, 130th General Assembly [ View September 29, 2013 Version ]