Section 173.54 | Medicaid-funded component of assisted living program.
(A) The department of medicaid shall create the medicaid-funded component of the assisted living program. In creating the medicaid-funded component, the department of medicaid shall collaborate with the department of aging.
(B) Unless the medicaid-funded component of the assisted living program is terminated under division (C) of this section, all of the following apply:
(1) The department of aging shall administer the medicaid-funded component through a contract entered into with the department of medicaid under section 5162.35 of the Revised Code.
(2) The contract shall include an estimate of the medicaid-funded component's costs.
(3) The medicaid-funded component shall be operated as a separate medicaid waiver component.
(4) The medicaid-funded component may not serve more individuals than is set by the United States secretary of health and human services in the assisted living waiver.
(5) To the extent authorized by rules authorized by section 5162.021 of the Revised Code, the director of aging may adopt rules under Chapter 119. of the Revised Code regarding the medicaid-funded component.
(C) If the unified long-term services and support medicaid waiver component is created, the departments of aging and medicaid shall collaborate to determine whether the medicaid-funded component of the assisted living program should continue to operate as a separate medicaid waiver component or be terminated. If the departments determine that the medicaid-funded component of the assisted living program should be terminated, the medicaid-funded component shall cease to exist on a date the departments shall specify.
Available Versions of this Section
- September 29, 2013 – House Bill 59, 130th General Assembly [ View September 29, 2013 Version ]